Write the complete issue for 7 points.
Communicated to the Offeree
performance of unilateral contract.
Sales of Goods- Article 2
Covenant Not to
1. Eden had been walking for 15 hrs and was exhausted. She said I would give $500,00 anyone who can offer me a bed right now. A lady heard and offered Eden a bed. She then asked for
$500,000. What is the legal issue and for whom would the court rule?
2. Jack and Jill, despite being drunk, negotiated and signed a contract while they were lying around in a barn. Identify the legal issue .
3. Gregory assigned his contract to Desmond and sent Jackie a notice to send payment to her new creditor, Desmond. What 2 roles do Gregory carry?
4. Kymani is employed with Radiology Center. She signed a contract with his employer that if he leaves, he will not open a center that operate with taking images within a 50 miles radius.
5. Hamer told Sidway, “I will pay you $200,000 for all the training you gave me in the past” Years later, Sidway reminded Hamer of the money promised. Michelle sued. Identify the legal issue.
6. In court, the parties argued whether the contract was incomplete. One party offered external evidence that the contract was completed. What is the issue?
7. Jessica cuts lawn in the neighborhood and charges $20. When he arrives at Paul’s house, he was looking through the window and notices that she had begun cutting the lawn. They nodded to each other and Paul moved away from the window. Jessica went to Paul for payment when she was finished with the lawn.
8. A 16 year old who ran away from entered into an agreement with a lady where she would clean the lady’s house if the lady feed her. She ate the food and left without cleaning the house. The lady took the 16th year old to court under specific performance. What is the issue?
9. Jackie was offered $7000 to write a book. She told Kareem she would do it for $9,000.
Identify the legal issue.
10. Mikey lost his rabbit and posted a picture of it and a $200 reward should someone brings the rabbit back to him. The postman unaware of the reward, was delivering the mail and noticed the rabbit and brought it to Mikey, as per the instructions on the collar as to the owner’s identity. When he delivered the rabbit, he learned of the reward and demanded it. What is the legal issue and for whom would the court rule?
11. Darrius contracted with Nathaniel on February 1st to have 5 crates of bags shipped to Nathaniel via UPS by April 1st. There was a strike soon after for the following months prohibiting any shipments via UPS. Identify the legal issue.
12. Hamad and Jerry agreed that Hamad would ship via a destination contract 10 pounds of corn☺ by May 1 to Jerry. On April 1st, Hamad sent Jerry a written notice that he would not be able to honor the agreement. What is the legal issue?
13. Deseree prior to a discussion with Peter, offered $500,000 as opposed to $5 million in a contract to Peter. Peter accepted. Deseree said it was a mistake and asked to rescind the contract. What is the legal issue and for whom would the court rule?
14. Desmin has been deemed incompetent by the court, however, is still exceptional with ability to do math perfectly. You hired him though he is a high functional and he performed the job. Identify the legal issue.
15. Lorraine sold her car to Hamid but didn’t tell him of the transmissions issue knowing that Hamid was relying on a good transmission. What is the legal issue and for whom would the court rule?
16. Jack signed a life insurance policy with his daughter as the sole beneficiary. Upon his passing, the daughter put in a claim for the money. Under what principle can she pursue this as someone who is vested?
17. JP Services provides water services to Angela’s subdivision. After months of utilizing the water, JP Services sent her an invoice. She refused to pay it, as this service was not in her contract when she purchased the house so she said she is not obligated. What is the legal issue and for whom would the court rule?
18. Jerry and Adam made an oral agreement to sell Jerry’s house to Adam. Adam showed up with the money. Jerry denied it and said he already has a buyer. For whom would the court rule?
19. At 7 :00 p.m. Medoune told Briana, if you teach my class for me till 8:20 p.m., I will give you
$2000. Briana taught the class until Medoune stopped her at 8:00. Identify the legal issue.
20. An oil company wants to purchase the oil from Sophia’s land. Would the contract fall under general contract law that deals with land or the UCC? What is the legal issue?
21. Derrick crosses out the terms on the contract and sent it back with a new date, price and delivery location. What is the legal issue?
22. Coby and Jack entered into an oral contract for Coby to make a custom home for Jack. Identify the legal issue.
23. If you pay me $100, I will consider the bill null and void.
24. If you pay me $100, I will consider the debt satisfied, but if you are late, I will reclaim the original $200.
25. I offer you $200 with x terms. You accepted without changing anything.