For this assignment, you will be creating an Organizational Plan (think Blooms Taxonomy) to establish a new free clinic for an underserved area in the state of Idaho. Your plan should include the following information.
1. Develop a mission statement for the free clinic.
• Our mission is to build a safe environment where victims of domestic violence and sexual assault can learn self-sufficiency and long-term independence.
2. Develop three goals for the clinic and for each goal develop two objectives.
• To provide quality and confidential health services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking.
i. 24-hour crisis hotline
ii. Safety planning assistance
• To strive for healing through therapy and client advocacy.
i. Therapy services
ii. Client advocacy
• To strive for freedom and security in order to help break the cycle of violence.
i. Financial empowerment
ii. Life skills classes
3. Describe how you developed your mission statement, goals, and objectives—write this as a short descriiption in the body of the paper. How were they developed? What information was used to develop the mission, goals, and objectives? Who was involved?
• The mission statement, goals, and objectives were developed based on the needs of the community per the needs assessment conducted.
• Stakeholders were involved at various levels in the creation of each of these to insure interest.
• In the appendix, write meeting minutes and an agenda as an example of a meeting with stakeholders where you worked on your free clinic’s strategic plan.
o In your minutes, include an example of a barrier that was encountered (for example, a member of another organization refusing to participate and how that problem was addressed)
The primary barrier was in deciding the best way to make sure patients had access to the clinic as well as in providing transportation services to patients.
• You can write a completely fictitious account of your meeting. Use your imagination!
4. Describe the organization of your free clinic.
• What services will you provide?
o Give each department/office/area of service a title and describe the overall responsibilities for that department/office.
o Create an organizational chart and provide a summary of personnel required to effectively operate the free clinic including -the number of staff, job titles, and duties
• Make sure that your clinic covers the 3 the core functions and—as appropriate–the 10 essential services of public health.
1. Monitor environmental and health status to identify and solve community environmental health problems
2. Diagnose and investigate environmental health problems and health hazards in the community
3. Inform, educate, and empower people about environmental health issues
4. Mobilize community partnerships and actions to identify and solve environmental health problems
5. Develop policies and plans that support individual and community environmental health efforts
6. Enforce laws and regulations that protect environmental health and ensure safety
7. Link people to needed environmental health services and assure the provision of environmental health services when otherwise unavailable
8. Assure a competent environmental health workforce
9. Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based environmental health services
10. Research for new insights and innovative solutions to environmental health problems
5. Develop a budget for the free clinic. Include costs like overhead for the building the space will be housed in, utilities, operating supplies, etc. It’s important to show a level of granularity so you can apply for grants and reach out to federal/state monies to complement donations.
6. Develop two types of cultural competency policies.
• One for cultural competency of the workers and the internal workings of the organization
• A second one that addresses cultural competency in the services that they provide to the public