NSG 2308 PROFESSIONAL NURSING TRANSITION/ADULT NURSING II
GUIDELINE: EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE AND RESEARCH
RELATED COURSE STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOME:
- Construct and apply an individualized healthcare teaching plan utilizing evidence-based research to achieve optimum wellness in adult clients and families with chronic and acute illness and disease.
- Demonstrate accountability while analyzing client data and utilizing technology to improve quality and safety of care for adult clients and families with chronic and acute illness and disease.
Literature Review for Evidence Based Practice from a nursing Perspective
- Select a nursing related topic or clinical question regarding a current Adult Health practice issue and seek guidance from course faculty as needed.
- All students must attend the lecture. Clinical make-up policy will apply should an absence occur.
- Use key words to conduct a literature search in one of the following databases:
- Google Scholar
- Medline Plus
- Each student must review a minimum of one (1) research based article published within the last five (5) years related to the topic or clinical question studied. The topic must be related to Adult Health. Obstetrics, Pediatrics, and Mental Health topics will not be accepted. The student must prepare an annotated bibliography for each article with a minumum of 250 words.
- Utilize correct APA format.
- Include PICO clinical question
- Utilize included template for formatting
- Information may not be “cut and pasted” from the internet or other documents not authored by the student.
Form Originated: October 2015 (C.C.)
Content Approved: December 2021 (C.C)